T O L L E Y C A S P A R I S
CASTING DIRECTOR ON CAMERA EXPERT
LOS ANGELES | NEW ORLEANS
Brings over 25 years of experience within the media and entertainment industries, with prior corporate experience at major publishing brands. Highly connected within multiple industries, proven record of building and expanding businesses and varied projects through tenacity and creative leadership. Sharp eye for developing new talent into worldwide names and preparing people of all skill levels for on-camera appearances and media best practices. A dedicated mentor with a talent for identifying and tapping into individuals’ strengths and encouraging development and growth.
A D D I T I O N A L S K I L L S
*Incredible with directing on camera talent * Reality and Real People forte * Uber Organized
*Exceptional eye for new talent * First to book in America:Claudia Schiffer, Norman Reedus, Gabrielle Reece…. * Excellent Communicator * Open Call Experience * Self Starter AND Team Player
*Superb negotiator *Original Thinker *Team Builder * Seamless at Presenting Talent and Real People to client
*Thorough Researcher *Social Media Savvy
E X P E R I E N C E
Owner, Managing Director | TOLLEY CASPARIS CASTING | Los Angeles 1994 –Present
Launched and operated a thriving casting company from ground-up, serving as a key partner to production companies and agencies for hundreds of film, commercial, music video, and other artistic projects featuring emerging and established talent and high-profile celebrities. Championed a collaborative operation while leading all components of business operations.
. Created a cohesive brand presence with more than 15,000 Twitter and 3,500 Facebook followers.
· Facilitates bidding with production companies, providing estimates and bids for casting and talent
· Handles all aspects of the casting process, working with clients to define a clear socioeconomic demographic for each project and source, place, and negotiate hiring of talent.
· Maintains relationships with talent agents to source and acquire application materials for 3,000 – 5,000 candidates on average per project, and strategically narrow down the talent pool to an average of 10-15 qualified prospects based on client requirements.
· Serves as a liaison among multiple sets of clients and project stakeholders to schedule auditions and shoots, negotiate fees and contracts, and advise through the selection process. Provides direction to talent during the audition process.
· Ensures full compliance with all union rules and regulations in regard to hiring and contract negotiation.
· Recognized by Target as a must-hire 5 years in a row.
· Cast music videos for major artists including Prince, Michael Jackson, Sonic Youth, Lenny Kravitz, and Justin Bieber.
Tolley Casparis resume p.2
Instructor | UCLA Entertainment Studies Program |Los Angeles 2001-2007 . Created course “The Casting Game” Taught up to 35 students in a semester, mostly International students
Continued mentorship of past students, including 6 working casting directors
Co-Founder | PARTNERS IN CRIME CASTING | Los Angeles 1990 – 1993
Co-founded a Los Angeles-based casting agency providing top talent for over 30 commercials and 40 music videos including the iconic “Baby’s Got Back” (Sir Mix A Lot) and “Don’t Cry” (Guns N Roses). Cast 2 feature films with one receiving a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress.
A D D I T I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
Model Editor | MADEMOISELLE MAGAZINE / CONDE NAST
Under the direction of Guillaume Bruno, sourced and recruited up-and-coming talent in collaboration with photographers and editors for Mademoiselle magazine, working with major emerging names in fashion and beauty, and introducing to America Claudia Schiffer, Gabrielle Reece, Beverly Peele, and Greta Cavazoni among others. Put on corporate probation after encouraging more representation of minority women in the casting process, which came to corporate attention through positive viewer mail (1989).
Model Booker | MULTIPLE AGENCIES
Recruited modeling talent for multiple agencies in New York (Women Agency), Los Angeles (Nina Blanchard Agency, Prima Models), and London (Premier), leading multiple divisions and corporate areas including editorial, new model development, catalog, portfolio development, and contract negotiations.
M E M B E R S H I P S , A F F I L I A T I O N S & P U B L I C S P E A K I N G
Speaker, UC Santa Cruz Rape Prevention Crisis Center –
“The Impact of Music Video Actresses on Date Rape”
Guest Speaker, Casting Networks, LA Casting (Multiple Appearances)
Interviewee & Guest, FuseTV – “Music Videos that Rocked the World” (Britney Spears Episode)
Volunteer, IVote Los Angeles – Rock the Vote, New York and Los Angeles
Volunteer, Rock for Choice & Feminist Majority Foundation
Volunteer, Casting Director --- IVote
Volunteer, Concert Against Gun Violence
Volunteer, Louisiana Coalition to Reduce Violence
E D U C A T I O N
BA, Sociology (Summa Cum Laude) | UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SANTA CRUZ 1997